The Societat Catalana de l’Educació
Ambiental (Catalan Society of Environmental The Societat Catalana
de l’Educació Ambiental (Catalan Society of Environmental
Education) was created in 1985 in order to promote a renewed
education that considers both social and environmental problems.
At the same time, this association pursues the objective of
contributing into the formation of citizens able to analyze
such problems, as well as finding solutions. Since its creation,
the association builds up shared projects with an interdisciplinary
approach that are distributed among the whole Catalan geography.
TaKe a look at "Get
out of the classroom. Quality crtieria guide for environmental
It is formed by professionals and people interested in the
field of environmental education. The members come from very
different professional and academic backgrounds with the common
aim of working for sustainability through the work in the
field of education.
Lines of work
• The Forum 2000 of Environmental Education.
• Groups of work, projects and programs related to education
• Collection of monographs about environmental education.
• Group of Centers of Environmental Education.
• Service of Information about Environmental Education.
• Social Center of Environmental Education.
• Seminars, courses, workshops and conferences in order
to think about environmental issues and to train future educators.
• Interactions with local and international networks
working on similar issues.
• Trips to spaces which represent the environmental
• Service of communication among the members.
• Participation on councils and forums about environment,
protected areas, natural parks, and so on.
What is it proposed?
• To stimulate, to promote and to spread researches
and activities related to environmental education, in order
to develop it successfully.
• To look for and to consolidate relationship with key
referents on the work of environmental education.
• To discuss objectives and strategies, experiences
• To facilitate the publishing and the spreading of
books and articles, as well as electronic resources.
• To improve the skills of professionals from environmental
• To help networks to exchange experiences, with the
purpose of reinforcing and to enrich personal backgrounds